Previous to 1958 the donors, amounts, and places of designation of memorials were read at the funeral of the deceased. As memorials increased, this practice became very time consuming and was discontinued. The memorials were first recorded by the financial secretary and the cards were given to the family. In 1958 the congregation voted to have a memorial fund secretary. Mrs. Stuart martin was appointed as the first secretary. She kept records and sent memorials as designated, then gave the cards to the family as in previous years. The first designations were to the Evanger Building Fund, Kitchen Fund, WCAL Radio Station, Cancer Society, and Missions. In 1966 it was decided that the family should have the memorials first and then turn the money over to the secretary for recording and mailing to places designated.