In the early days there were no hymn books in church. Parishioners carried their own books to church. Several women would have their book wrapped in a big white handkerchief. There were no organs or choirs at this time. A “Klokker” also known as a “Kirk Singer” was appointed to offer the opening prayer and to lead the congregation in singing hymns. Knut Aarhus was our first “Klokker” (1880). Christ Bremer (1896) also served for many years. The first organist was Mrs. Martin Senjem (Cora). One of the early organs was a large one that was in the front of the church and had to be pumped by hand. Other organists were Mathilda Hanson, Christena Jacobson, Alma Reed, Serena Simonson, Thea Kyllo, Lorraine Christie, Mrs. R. N. Torrison, Linda Jensen, Cindy Olomon, Pat Nelson, Grant Jensen, Elsie Wilkerson, Marilyn Erickson, Sharon Scharberg, Terry Hoopman, Kim Taylor, Karen Skow, Ruth Christie, Barb Nason, Deb Oelkers, and Kris Alas. Pastor Norman was the first to conduct a choir. Some of the other directors were Clarence Distad, Charles Zeimer, Agnes Sjoquiest, Mrs. Dean Fritze, Margaret Peterson Bjerke, Ernest Sire, Iva Musolf and Ruth Christie. For some years the choir members participated in a Choral Union with other churches and they also had joint concerts with Trinity in Hayfield. In 1976 a community Lenten Cantata was directed by Pastor Torrison with singers from six area churches. The Ladies Chorus sponsors a coffee on Memorial Day and has also had ice cream socials featuring homemade ice cream. In 1978, Evanger had a Cherub Choir; junior and senior high school students. In 1979 the green LBW hymnals arrived, a new organ was dedicated with an organ recital to commemorate the day.